Is Hiring Movers Worth It?
Posted on May 29, 2022
Is Hiring Movers Worth It?
You’ve found the ideal rental property, signed the lease, and paid the security deposit. Now comes the part that many people dread: packing up and moving out. There are several available options, ranging from doing everything yourself to hiring pros to haul boxes and even full-service movers that will pack your things for you.
There is no way around it: A move of any type involves time, worry, and money, whether it’s simply across town or across the country. And there’s a lot to find out before you make your move. How will you manage all of the packing? Will you hire movers to help with the heavy lifting? And how much would all of this cost you?
Hiring movers may be the best option for certain people. The money paid is definitely worth offloading the stress of packing, heavy lifting, and transporting. Others would rather save money by doing it themselves. There are additional options for pairing your services to receive the assistance you need.
When To Hire Professional Movers:
- Consider your timetable. If you’re extremely busy, hiring a professional moving company can relieve stress while allowing you to focus on other aspects of the move, such as setting up the internet or utilities.
- If you’re planning on hiring movers, bear in mind that peak seasons like spring and summer might cause companies to fill up fast. It’s a good idea to book at least a month ahead of time, especially if you don’t want to move hefty boxes yourself.
- Moving large items like televisions, couches, and other furniture may be difficult. If you don’t have friends to assist you move big items out of your residence, it’s generally preferable to hire a couple of professionals to avoid harming your cherished bed frame or expensive television.
- Considering a cross-state move? If you’re planning a long-distance relocation, it may be more practical to meet your boxes at the new location instead of taking a multi-day U-Haul journey.
- Another advantage of hiring a moving company is that they frequently have additional supplies on hand, such as tape and bubble wrap, in case you need to lock any boxes or protect your belongings at the last minute. The cost of the supplies is usually added to the service fee.
- Consider the weather: would you mind loading a truck with ice and snow on the ground? Or on a hot, humid day?
- How well do you manage your time? How can you wrap picture frames if the notion of packing up every room makes you nervous? For your closet, how many boxes are you going to need? When it comes to glassware, how should you pack it? Then think about hiring a moving company that also offers packing services. They’ll be able to pack and organize each room, as well as disassemble and reinstall furniture including bed frames and TV mounts.
- The best aspect about hiring help is that you get to pick and choose the services you want. Consider hiring professional movers for one-time tasks to streamline your relocation if you simply need someone to transport large things like beds or sofas.
When deciding whether or not to hire professional movers, there is no right or wrong answer. It all depends on your specific situation.
If you have the time and energy to do a DIY move, you may be able to save money. However, if you want to lessen some tension and can fit it into your moving budget, look into local moving services. A hired hand might be the difference between a stressful and a successful move.